Developing Your TVR for Road and Race
We have a huge amount of experience in maximising the handling and performance of these fantastic cars. With the constant evolution of automotive technology, we now have the potential to improve them far beyond their original design specifications.
In terms of ultimate handling, our new Evolution chassis is better made using higher quality materials, much more rigid construction and has the much improved suspension geometry required to allow the Griffith and Chimaera to exploit the extra performance offered by our LS engine installations. The venerable Rover V8 engine, while undeniably full of character, has it’s ultimate power output limited by the slightly historic design. Since 2009 we have been successfully fitting Chevrolet’s LS series engines which reliably provide around 500bhp without modification.
We also have a long history in TVR race car development and currently operate a race support programme for a couple of our customers. Making sure that these cars are fast, safe, and easy to drive at the limit is something that requires specialist expertise and we’d be happy to talk you through the ways we can help.
The Ultimate Griffith or Chimaera
An as-new car, built from scratch with all new components on our Evolution chassis, using one of our donor cars or your car. Prices start at £50,000 depending on donor car and choice of spec, colour and trim, and include the following items.
- Evolution Chassis
- Billet aluminium uprights
- Tig welded Tubular wishbones
- Sportmotive Damper set and Eibach Springs
- Powerflex bushes
- AP 320mm front discs with AP CP6600 callipers and Sagaris standard rear brake set up
- Choice of wheel options including 18″ TVR Spiders, Compomotive MO and Antera
- Powered by a Chevrolet LS3 6.2 litre or LSA with HP options of 430, 480, 565 or 625
- Fitted with a Tremec TR6060 or T56 Magnum 6 speed gearbox with BTR
- M80 Hydratrack LSD or Mustang 8″ Diff
- New engine wiring loom, fusebox, instruments and alarm system
- Power steering
- Fully refurbished and repainted bodyshell
- Newly trimmed interior and hood with a choice of seat options and trim materials
TVR Development Enquiry
Please tell us about your car and development plans – we’ll be happy to help if we can